Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chapter 1: Establish Ties to Discover Truth

1a. On page 10 of this reading assignment, Tomlinson states that “teachers who are willing to establish ties with students discover new depths of truth each day...” What does this mean to you?


The word that jumps out at me is “establish”. By having such a strong word it tells me that ties with my students will not just fall into place. This is something that I will have to work at, and only after working to know them and understand their differences, then will I comprehend their truths and truly understand who they are. Once a bridge has been built with those ties then the continuous truths will come about, this is when you will realize new things daily because the student will feel comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. It does take purposeful effort to make those connections.

    ReplyDelete